Director of Marketing
Full-Time • Vancouver, BC
Skeena Resources Limited is a Canadian exploration mining company, focused on working towards the restart of the past-producing Eskay Creek gold-silver mine with additional development projects in our portfolio, all located in Tahltan Territory in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia, Canada. Eskay Creek was the highest-grade gold mine in the world when in production. The mine produced 3.3 million ounces of gold and 160 million ounces of silver at average grades of 45 g/t gold and 2,224 g/t silver from 1994-2008.
As a Skeena employee, you will become part of a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven work environment. You will be given assignments to challenge yourself and your skillset, working alongside colleagues with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We value Health and Safety, the Environment, and the Communities within which we operate, and work collaboratively with our Indigenous partners, leveraging traditional knowledge and respect for the land. By joining our team, you will become part of an organization driven by opportunity, entrepreneurship, and business results.
Job Title: Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for creating and implementing impactful marketing and communications strategies that will identify and engage new investors for Skeena, build marketing material and work with all departments to address their event and public relations needs. Working within the Company’s Communications department and reporting to the SVP of Corporate Development, this role will oversee external communications, marketing initiatives, social media channels and support all investor relations activities.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Create marketing and communication strategies for a wide range of stakeholders
- Implement and perform ongoing analytics to monitor the Company's marketing and communications and modify the corporate strategy accordingly
- Build marketing material for community engagement, investors, and various other internal groups
- Work closely with the Sustainability team to create various marketing materials for community engagement and community outreach materials
- Work closely with the Investor Relations team to build presentations and communications for shareholders and potential investors
- Create and review internal company-wide communications and external messaging and presentations
- Build relationships with educational institutions to foster grassroots engagement into the mining industry and our Company
- Plan and assist with budgets
- Manage company’s digital marketing efforts with ongoing monitoring and content creation
- Identify and engage new investor opportunities
- Organize and support corporate events and conferences
- Address public relations needs
- Oversee all external communications
- Spearhead marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Manage social media sites
- Develop tools and resources for consistent corporate messaging
- Provide innovative and creative solutions to increase investor awareness and engagement
- Utilize competitive analysis, industry research, digital marketing, analytics and data for decision making
- Explore new channels of communication and engagement in new regions
- Experiment with out-of-the-box marketing approaches to increase investors
- Track, report and analyze marketing initiatives to validate ongoing campaigns
Experience and Education:
- 7 + years of marketing experience various industries such as: tech start-up, junior mining company or pharmaceutical industry
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent education
- Expert in social media and digital marketing strategy and implementation
- Previous experience with mining, capital markets or Indigenous engagement required
- ?Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a high attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to operate within a dynamic, team-oriented, and demanding work environment
- Highly self-motivated and organized with strong time management, planning and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency in standard office software; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project etc.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator preferred
- Value proposition creation
- Market profiling and competitive analysis
- Graphic design background is an asset
- Event management and build
- Experience creating compelling marketing collateral
- Proven project management experience
- Proven organization, planning, prioritization, and time management skills
- Detail oriented with excessive attention to detail
- Effective team player who can jump in wherever is needed
- Strong interpersonal and reasoning skills, with proven problem-solving abilities
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- High standards of business and personal ethical conduct
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while under pressure
- Self-motivated, team player and takes initiative
This position will be full-time based out of Skeena’s Vancouver office; some travel will be required.
To apply by email your cover letter and resume in Word or .pdf format to [email protected], by December 7, 2022. Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail. Priority hiring consideration will be given to Indigenous Nation members within which our projects are located. All Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.