Heavy Duty Mechanic
Full-Time • Winnipeg, MB
BE PART OF A WINNING TEAM!
Join Major Drilling, one of the leading diamond drilling companies in Canada. We are looking for a Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join our Winnipeg Shop.
- Excellent wage - $25.00-35.00 per hour depending on qualifications
- Excellent benefit plan
- RRSP plan
- Retention bonus
- Exceptional safety record - Major Drilling is the Safe Day Everyday Gold Award recipient at the PDAC for the third consecutive year.
Equipment and technology are changing quickly, the successful candidate must be highly motivated, possess a strong work ethic and have a high regard for safety with the desire to work in a challenging environment.
· Diagnose, maintain and repair of heavy-duty equipment including surface and underground drills, bulldozers, farming equipment and other heavy equipment.
· Test and repair hydraulic systems with a flow meter and schematics on a variety of equipment.
· Ability to diagnose problems with 12-24v DC electrical/electronics including engines, heating systems, start and charging systems.
· Maintenance and repairs may include engines, transmissions, cooling systems, generators, fuel and exhaust systems and clutches.
· Under the supervision of the shop foreman, establish methods to meet work schedules and improve equipment life
· Dedication to safety by adhering to established policies, procedures, and safe work practices
· In the field service repairs (out of town travel may be required)
· Journeyman certificate in Heavy Duty equipment or working towards acquiring certificate with several years experience
· Ability to use cutting torches, mig and stick welding
· Possess a valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract
· Ability to work long hours & possible shift work for extended periods
· Ability to pass a Drug/Alcohol Screen & Fit for Duty test
· Ability to work with limited supervision or as part of a team
· Ability to travel out of town for periods of time