Join Major Drilling’s Team!
We are currently seeking an HSEC Coordinator located within Canada.
- Competitive Wage
- RRSP plan
- Great job stability across Canada
- Exceptional safety Record
If you enjoy developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of safety initiatives, quality and productivity between management and employees, we encourage you to submit your resume!
- Ensure that all equipment is kept in order while maintaining efficient drilling productivity.
- Teaching and demonstrating commitment in controlling risks and eliminating hazards, as well as educating on-site personnel about the internal responsibility system and on company policies, procedures and programs.
- Prepare and distribute reports to management, clients and safety associations and government safety/environment agencies on a regular basis on the safety performance of the company.
- Liaise with Government associations and similar resources to obtain up-to-date information on safety and health issues for operations.
- Oversee investigations into incidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and corrective actions.
- Create, revise, and review company environmental, safety, and health policies and standards to determine they are effectively reducing risk and addressing hazards.
- Conduct workplace inspections, task observations and audits to monitor compliance with legal requirements and company policies, procedures and programs.
- Maintain composure, effectiveness and flexibility under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express ideas clearly and effectively in individual and group situations.
- Tolerance for stress, with ability to work under pressure and handle antagonism.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Motivate and guide individuals or groups in order to meet desired objectives.
- Good presentation and negotiation skills with experience implementing safety programs in a like industry.
- Strong knowledge of computer programs and systems.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the exploration mining industry.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a safety related role.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate
- Valid Driver's License and Clear Abstract an asset
- Able to pass a Drug/Alcohol Screen
- Bi-Lingual is an asset
- Common Core Certification an asset
Please submit your application to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=02d5b37a-faa3-4d7e-...
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.